College of Forestry scholarship recipients are expected to:
- Maintain the College of Forestry as your primary college.
- Maintain full-time level of enrollment. This means registering for and successfully completing a minimum of 12 credits per term. (Please note that some scholarship do not require full-time enrollment but you should check with the College of Forestry Student Services Office before changing your enrollment level)
- Students participating in the Degree Partnership Program must identify OSU as their primary institution AND take at least 6 (out of at least 12 overall) credits at OSU, and provide the CoF proof of registration at their partner community college prior to the start of each term you are dual enrolled.
- Make reasonable and continued progress toward your declared College of Forestry major while receiving a scholarship.
- Write a personal note of thanks to the donor or donor representative. Donor contact information will be provided to students at the time a scholarship offer is made.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA each term (some scholarships require a higher GPA standard than this baseline expectation).
- Apply for scholarships each year for continued eligibility.
- Promptly inform the College’s scholarship manager of any circumstance that may arise that would put you in jeopardy of failing to fulfill these expectations.
Scholarship recipients who find themselves in a situation in which they are unable to meet the expectations listed above may petition the CoF Scholarship Committee Chair for an expection to rules or expectations. It is important to note that The College of Forestry is obligated to meet the requirements set forth by donors of each of our scholarships and by the standard protocols that regulate our scholarship program. However, we strive to make all reasonable exceptions that we are able to within other restrictions and expectations that govern our scholarships and the disbursement process. In cases where students who feel strongly about an exception justification, or have made significant steps toward correcting a problem, etc. are encouraged to submit a petition for consideration using the petition webform. Your petition will be reviewed by the CoF Scholarship Committee Chair and you will be notified of the decision. Please contact Brooke Harrington in the CoF Student Services Office, 116 Peavy Forest Science Center if you have questions.