Whether you are a seasoned professional or someone who graduated this year and are still defining your path, there is career support available to College of Forestry undergraduate and graduate alumni. Take advantage of these tools and services:
- OSU Connections: Join OSU Connections, OSU’s alumni and student database! You can connect with other alums, help current students and network to advance your career. These connections could give you the advice or “foot in the door” you need to jump-start your career. It’s also a place where you can give back to current students.
- The Career Development Center Website & Career Guides: Need to learn about interviewing? Job searching? Grad school applications? Resume preparation? The Career Development Center offers worksheets, videos, tutorials and a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate career guide you can access any time you need them. Use these resources to build your career readiness skills.
- Handshake: You still have access to Oregon State’s online job board! Through the platform you can attend career fairs, career skills webinars and make an appointment with the CoF career advisor for up to 12 months after you graduate for some one-on-one help. After your ONID email expires, you’ll need to change it with the Career Development Center to maintain Handshake access permanently.
- College of Forestry Job Board: You can also access the College of Forestry jobs page to find more open positions. This is made up of the many positions that we become aware of at the college and that employers forward to us.
- Attend Career Fairs: Alumni are welcome to attend career fairs at Oregon State after they’ve graduated; this includes the College of Forestry Career Fair held each fall. You can find details about upcoming career fairs on Handshake or on the Career Development Center’s website.
- Set Up Your LinkedIn: If you haven’t created a LinkedIn account already, it’s a great professional step. LinkedIn is your always available online resume and how people in your network like your professors and former classmates will be able to reach out to you. It’s a good idea for all alumni to set up their LinkedIn! Tips on how. Once you are set up, follow the College of Forestry.
More information on how to get involved at Oregon State University after graduation can be found by connecting with the OSU Alumni Center: https://www.fororegonstate.org/.