To be eligible to receive a scholarship award ALL students must:
- Maintain enrollment during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms. Some CoF scholarships do not require full-time (12+ credits) enrollment but all require at least 6+ credits without an approved petition.
- The College of Forestry must be on record as your primary college (for students who have double majors).
- Make reasonable and continued progress toward your declared College of Forestry major while receiving a scholarship.
- If dual enrolled in the Degree Partnership Program, at least 6 of the minimum 12 required per term credits must be at OSU. You also must provide the CoF proof of your community college registration for each term you are dual enrolled.
- Maintain high academic standards (at least a 2.5 OSU Accumulative GPA for continuing students; minimum GPA expectations are similar for first-year students and transfer students).
November 1, 2021
The Oregon State University scholarship search and application system, ScholarDollars, opens. Students are encouraged to log in with ONID credentials to complete the OSU general scholarship application and College of Forestry scholarship application.
March 1, 2022
The College of Forestry online scholarship application process closes for new first-year and current students. The online application must be completed in its entirety and submitted by this date. Late applications will not be accepted.
June 15, 2022
The College of Forestry online scholarship application process closes for transfer students. The online application must be completed in its entirety and submitted by this date. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Scholarship awards for first year and continuing students will be announced in April 2022. If you have not received an award offer, then you were not selected to recieve a College of Forestry scholarship.
- New Transfer student scholarship awards will be announced in late June/early July.
Before you apply, be sure to note that:
- You must apply for scholarships each year you wish to be considered for a scholarship (there are not "automatically renewing" scholarships, meaning if you are awarded a scholarship in academic year one year, you are not guaranteed to receive a scholarship offer the following year).
- ScholarDollars will match you with scholarships that you are eligible for. Note that some scholarships have specific criteria set by donors (degree program, class level, financial need, etc.)
- The application process requires you to write several short essays. It is advised that you write these essays in a text editor program, such as Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Word, to check for spelling errors.
- Complete each step in the application process to be sure your application is complete. Once your application has been submitted you cannot make changes.
- First-year scholarships are very competitive as students have not yet proven success at the college or university level (especially in forestry coursework). Please apply again the next year as you may be surprised what a successful first year in your forestry studies can bring to you by way of scholarship funding from the CoF.
- Students who are not offered scholarships will remain in the pool for available scholarship funds as long as they maintain eligibility. Later offer awards are not guaranteed and are dependent on available funds.
If you have questions regarding the process or your eligibility, please direct them to (541) 737-1594 or email Student Services.
- To apply for College of Forestry scholarships, you must be admitted to OSU for that academic year.
- You will need your ONID username and password to complete the application. To obtain your ONID username and password, visit the ONID website.
- Complete the general OSU application and the College of Forestry application. Log in to ScholarDollars to get started.
The College of Forestry scholarship application for new and continuing students has closed. Initial offers were made in April. If you have not received an offer email, than you were not selected to receive an award.
New transfer students have until June 15, 2022 to apply for College of Forestry scholarships in ScholarDollars. Offers for new transfer student will be made in late June/early July.
The CoF makes awards throughout the year if funding is available. Therefore, if you remain eligible, your application will remain on file and will be considered for future funding if it becomes available.
**All scholarship offers are made via ScholarDollar email notifications to your Oregon State email address.
You are encouraged to review and apply for applicable community/external scholarship opportunities and submit your application for the 2022-23 academic year when the application reopens in November of 2022. Please keep in mind that scholarships are quite comptetitive and the number and amount of awards is dependent on the funds available.
- OSU Scholarship Office
- National and Global Scholarship Advising
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- ORSAA (Oregon Student Aid Application)
- Scholarships for incoming students
- Scholarships for current students
- Oregon Opportunity Grant
- Oregon Tribal Student Grant
- 2022-23 OSAC Scholarship Catalog