This is a 3 credit course crosslisted as TRAL 499 and NR 499; credits valid during Fall Term.
The Ecampus course will introduce the basics of Costa Rican culture, wilderness adventure and tourism, and ecology of tropical systems. Students will be deeply prepared for the experience in country.
Click the links below to see a sample syllabus and itinerary from past years. Stay tuned for updates!
- Be at least sophomore class standing by the beginning of course
- Minimum 2.75 OSU GPA
- Have a clear conduct record at OSU
- Submit all application materials by the due dates
- Participate in an interview with the program leaders
- Physical requirements: extensive hiking (up to 10 miles per day with a light pack) and swimming
- Spanish will be spoken, but not required to be successful
STEPS TO APPLY
- Complete the application through the OSU GO Application Portal
- All students will be interviewed by the program leaders as the final step in the application process. Applicants will be individually contacted for interviews.
- Check out our page with tips and recommendations for submitting a strong application!
NOTE: After beginning your application, you are permitted to save it and return to it repeatedly. Just make sure you submit before the deadline!