To provide non-resident undergraduate students affordable access to internationally-recognized degree programs and to help meet employer demand, Oregon State University will award eligible students a guaranteed Future of Forestry Scholarship of at least $14,000 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The Future of Forestry Scholarship is available to eligible new freshmen and transfer students who are admitted for Fall 2020 to one of the following degree programs offered by the OSU College of Forestry:
You are eligible for the Future of Forestry Scholarship if you:
- are a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident,
- are not an Oregon resident,
- have an unweighted high school GPA of 3.25 or higher OR a transfer GPA of 3.00 or higher, and
- will enroll as a full-time undergraduate student seeking your first bachelor’s degree in Fall 2020
Your award will include one or more OSU scholarships that total at least $14,000*. The Future of Forestry Scholarship may be automatically renewed for up to three additional years for full-time students who maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA. Additionally, you are encouraged to apply for supplemental campus scholarships offered through OSU ScholarDollars.
For priority consideration, your application for admission must be received by OSU by February 1, 2020, and all supporting documentation must be received by February 14, 2020.
The application to attend OSU beginning in the Fall 2020 term is now open. If you are eligible, the Future of Forestry Scholarship will be awarded to you automatically after you are accepted to OSU.
* University Scholars Program Scholarship (Provost/Golden State/Gem State/Evergreen State/Aloha) + Future of Forestry Scholarship = $14,000
* For example, a student awarded a Provost Scholarship of $8,000 will receive an additional Future of Forestry Scholarship of $6,000 to total $14,000. In addition, other supplemental campus-based scholarships may be awarded based on OSU ScholarDollars application.