Celebration of the Life and Career of Thomas Maness
September 18, 2018
5:00-7:30 p.m. -Program to begin at 5:30 p.m.
Forestry Club Cabin, Peavy Arboretum
NW Peavy Arboretum Rd, Corvallis, OR 97330
Parking and Shuttle Information
Onsite parking is extremely limited. We will run a shuttle from the OSU Foundation, 850 SW 35th St, Corvallis, OR 97333, departing at 4:30 p.m. Parking is FREE in this lot. Please sign up to take the shuttle on the RSVP form. The shuttle will return to campus after the event, departing at 7:30 p.m.
If you must drive to the arboretum, carpooling is highly encouraged. Additional shuttles will be onsite to transport guests from the parking lots to the cabin. Please follow the directional signs, and parking attendants, upon your arrival.
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made by September 10, 2018, to Jessica Fitzmorris, 541-737-3161, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas and Nicole Maness Memorial Scholarship
Thomas is survived by his wife Nicole, his children Christopher and Kate, and his grandchildren Emma and Luca. Notes and cards for his family may be sent care of Adrienne Wonhof in the College of Forestry Dean’s Office, 109 Richardson Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Thomas and Nicole Maness Memorial Scholarship Fund.
It was Thomas' wish to start an endowed fund that would support outdoor education opportunities for historically underrepresented youth. In an effort to honor Thomas’ legacy, we are raising funds to establish the Thomas and Nicole Maness Memorial Scholarship Fund through the Oregon State University Foundation.
You can contribute to this effort by writing a check to “OSU Foundation” and mailing it to the address below. Be sure to specify in the memo line of the check that the donation is "In memory of Thomas C. Maness". You can also contribute online at www.osufoundation.org.
Call Zak at 541-231-2266 for information.
Oregon State University Foundation
850 SW 35th St, Corvallis, OR 97333
Directions to the Peavy Arboretum
From I-5 Southbound
- Exit I-5 at the Salem Parkway, exit 260A.
- Remain on the Parkway as it becomes Hwy 219 and follow the signs to Hwy 22/99W to Monmouth.
- Turn south at the Hwy 22/99W intersection.
- Proceed south on Highway 99W through Monmouth and past Adair.
- Almost immediately after milepost 76, turn right on Arboretum Road at the green sign directing travelers to Peavy Arboretum.
- Continue south on Arboretum Road approximately 0.8 miles to the entrance to Peavy Arboretum.
- Drive north on 3rd Street (which is highway 99W) or 9th Street (if driving north on 9th, a 1/2 block jog to the east will be required to join highway 99W at Conifer Boulevard).
- Proceed northbound on 99W past Lewisburg.
- Shortly after milepost 78 turn left onto Arboretum Road at the green sign on the right side of the road directing travelers to Peavy Arboretum.
- Continue north on Arboretum Road approximately 3/4 mile to the entrance to Peavy Arboretum on your left.
From I-5 Northbound
- Exit I-5 at the Corvallis exit, number 228, onto Highway 34.
- Continue on highway 34 (paying attention to the 55 mph speed limit) and cross the Willamette River.
- Be in the right hand lane going over the bridge, proceed through the light at the foot of the bridge, and then at the next light, turn right onto 3rd Street (which is Highway 99W) and follow the "From Corvallis" directions.
From the West
- Enter Corvallis on Highway 20/34.
- Exit the highway shortly after the entrance to Avery Park at the "Downtown Corvallis" sign.
- Proceed northbound on 3rd Street, which is Highway 99W, and follow the "From Corvallis" directions above.