Explore Your Forests
An exploration of forestry as a science, a college major, and a career path.
Help your college-bound high school students increase their interest and knowledge about forests, explore careers, and learn about the undergraduate majors offered in the College of Forestry at Oregon State.
High School teachers, register your group here!
DATES: Thursday, April 25th or Friday, May 10th 2019.
TIME: 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
For a sneak peek into the McDonald-Dunn Research Forest, watch our College Research Forests video!
- Demonstrations in College of Forestry labs
- Meet current OSU students
- Explore forestry career paths
- Lunch in an OSU dining hall
- Hands-on forest education sessions in the Peavy Arboretum
AUDIENCE: This event is for high school students who have an interest in learning more about forestry, natural resources, tourism & outdoor recreation, and renewable materials. Our primary intended audience is college-bound sophomores, juniors, and seniors; freshmen are welcome to attend if they show especially strong interest. This year, we are asking teachers to commit to bringing at least ten students in their group.
- March 15, 2019 or when full: Teacher Registration Deadline (click here to register). Teachers will be emailed a confirmation and a sign-up sheet for their student participants.
- March 29, 2019: Deadline for registered teachers to submit their student participant lists.