Forestry Communications Group
The Forestry Communications Group at the College of Forestry is a team of writers, editors, graphic designers, and web specialists. We help scientists, engineers, and educators in the College of Forestry/ Oregon Forest Research Laboratory communicate their research findings in a clear and compelling manner.
Scientific and Technical Publications: Open Access and Distribution
Free paper reprints here! Search the FCG Publications Database for free print versions of 800+ research publications by College of Forestry authors. Get them while you can!
Get publications updates, download photos, and more, at the OSU College of Forestry Research Publications page on Facebook (a work in progress).
Forest Research Laboratory Publications
The Forestry Communications Group publishes books and reports under the imprint of the College of Forestry Oregon Forest Research Laboratory (FRL), including six peer-reviewed series:
- Research Contributions
- Contributions in Education and Outreach
- Case Studies
- Papers in Forest Policy
- Research Contribution Summaries
- Case Study Briefs
Guide to Authors for preparing Forest Research Laboratory Publications
College of Forestry Publications
The Forestry Communications Group publishes a variety of materials intended for educators, researchers, public agencies, and the general public:
- Focus on Forestry, the magazine of the College of Forestry
- Notable Notes, a series of one-page research briefs for K-12 teachers
- USDA WUR- Wood Utilization Research reports from the WUR Center, College of Forestry
- Biennial Report of the CoF Forest Research Laboratory
- Academic Report of the College of Forestry
- Starker Lectures, archive of published print and electronic versions
- Feature stories and biographies of faculty, staff, and students
Scientific/Technical Editing and Communications Services
- Manuscript editing: substantive editing, copyediting, language polishing, and technical illustration for scientific papers, books, and proceedings
- Graphic design services, including design and illustration of brochures, posters, and electronic presentations for scientific and general audiences
- Writing consultation for individual students and faculty
- Workshops: Faculty members may request presentation of a workshop on various aspects of scientific communication as part of a class curriculum. Access to notes on past workshops are also available.
For more information, contact