To provide preeminent Continuing and Professional Education opportunities allowing working professionals to stay abreast of rapid technological changes, the social and economic significance of natural resources, increased public awareness, and changing environmental standards throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Lifelong learning for forestry and natural resource professionals.
- The use of vetted science to inform policy and decision-making.
- A commitment to scientific discovery through sound research techniques.
- Proper management and sustainable use of natural resources for social, economic, and ecological value.
The CPE office can assist with the following:
- Registration Management
- Event Planning and Logistics
- Working with Conference Services or WFCA
- Event Advertisement
- Much more!
The CPE office was established in 2014 in order to create a more conducive environment for the College to provide continuing education to the professionals in forestry and natural resources. Some of you may remember that the CoF once had a "Conference Services" office that aided faculty and staff in creating and offering CPE events. The revival of the CPE office is not meant to emulate the previous CoF Conference Services, but to provide a coordinated and supported effort of various CPE opportunities throughout the college. The new CPE office will work with you and other necessary entities to ensure that your event goes off without a hitch- and that all you need to do is show up and teach!
Shannon Murray is the CPE Program Coordinator at the College of Forestry. Her background is in forestry, natural resources management, and education.