These are typically semester-long or academic year experiences, where students are integrated into host university academic model and student community. Exchange programs offer the broadest range of available courses and are arguably the most immersive study experience for students. They are also amongst the most affordable opportunities (for the number of credits earned/duration of time abroad), as cost is based on a complementary exchange of students, with outgoing OSU students paying their home campus tuition (or a rough equivalent). These experiences are offered on an institutional (OSU) or system-wide (IE3) basis. This page is for current OSU students interested in exchange or study abroad programs. For students interesting in coming to OSU as an exchange student, click here.
- Review the application process flowchart here to check your progress and determine the next steps
- Fill out the Academic Planning Worksheet for Study Abroad to aid yourself and your advisor in the process.
- Check deadlines! Plan to apply at least 6 months in advance of departure. The application deadlines for OSU GO programs are listed below:
- Summer Programs: March 15
- Fall, Year-Long Programs: April 15
- Winter/Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Spring Term Programs: November 15
- Apply through the OSU GO online portal
COF Partner Universities
The above schools feature opportunities within their academic programs specific to forestry, wood science, tourism, recreation, and/or natural resources; please visit OSU GO for a comprehensive list of all of the exchange program opportunities available through OSU and to apply!
Study abroad programs are variable in duration (anywhere from intensive 2-week sessions to full academic or calendar years) and can range in focus, destination, and cost. Students may be taught at a study center or other location in a group of comprised of only American (or international) students, or they may be integrated into an overseas host institution, depending upon the program. Some programs may be interdisciplinary and include research or service components. Students must participate in an OSU approved program to be eligible to receive credit and funding.