Our Vision, Mission and Values
We aspire to be the world's premier forest resources education, research, and service institution.
The mission of the College of Forestry, as part of Oregon's Land, Sea, and Space Grant University, is to educate and engage the next generation of scholars, practitioners, and users of the world's forest resources, to conduct distinctive problem-solving and fundamental research on the nature and use of forests and related resources, and to share our discoveries and knowledge with others.
Our core values
Core values are essential and enduring tenets held by the faculty, staff, students, and administrators of the College of Forestry. These values express our aspirations and our fundamental reason for being:
- We value forests. We commit to sustaining forests and the functions, products, and values they provide for current and future generations.
- We value people. We recognize strength in diverse faculty, staff, students, and ideas. We nurture the College community through communication and mutual respect.
- We value learning. We share a passion for learning through teaching, research, experience, and extended education.
- We value service. We serve the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world.
- We value collaboration. We address complex forest resource challenges through collaboration across disciplines, institutions, and perspectives.